Background

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits with Molasses

 First and foremost, say "Hello" to Miss Shelby! This is the adorable creature that I have been preparing to have for months now! All of my hard work is paying off.

Remember that puppy bed DIY? She LOVES it!

Now that we have admired her cuteness, here's my second recipe that I used. My breeder loved these ones and asked for the recipe, so here you go! These are a bit easier to make. The dough isn't nearly as tough.

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits with Molasses
Yields 40-50 biscuits
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
3/4 to 1 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp.  molasses
Additional Flour for Rolling
Preheat oven to 350° F
  Mix the flour, oats and baking powder together in a medium bowl.  Gradually stir in the milk, peanut butter and molasses.
(I just dumped everything into the standing mixer and turn it on.  It's a very stiff dough, so I had to stop the mixer and push the dough around a few times)
Turn out onto a floured surface.
Knead until a soft dough forms.
Roll out to 1/2" thickness and cut with a dog bone cookie cutter.
Bake for 20 minutes, then turn off the oven.
Let cool overnight on the counter and voila! You have some yummy doggie biscuits! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment