Background

Sunday, April 14, 2013

DIY Dog Crate Cover

 Hello again!

     It's been a while since I have written a post. That is because I took on a HUGE project! I have seen these really cool dog crate covers on other blogs and Pinterest. As I was looking, I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so therefore, I had to create my own. I knew that I wanted to have something with roll up doors and that it would have ribbon ties to hold them up. It was tricky to find anything where it had specific instructions on how to make it like I wanted and I couldn't find any I wanted to purchase. Most of my project was done on a whim with a little bit of creativity. I did all of my own sewing (had to relearn how to use the machine...it's been a while) so don't look too closely! I piped between all of the layers, too, to add a little extra somethin'! My crate cover is this gorgeous tan duck cloth (slightly heavier fabric) with a black and grey pattern and the inside is a red marble type cotton fabric. It looks very cool. For my ribbon ties, I used iron-on adhesive to attach a red ribbon to a puppy paw print ribbon for this effect. All in all, this took me about four days (including the time to learn to use my machine). I am super proud of it!






(Look I fit inside!)

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Suprised no one has commented, yet! I came across your blog during a google search for how to make a crate cover. Yours is fabulous! I'm going to use yours as a reference to also "wing-it" as I attempt to make one. :) Thanks for the great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lori! It was the first time in a long time that I had used my sewing machine! I'm glad I inspired you to make one for yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very useful, although it will be important to help simply click that web page link: WILL CBD CALM DOWN YOUR DOG OR CAT?

    ReplyDelete